Again, the Indigenous People of Biafra (IPOB) has denied involvement in the on- going killings in South East and urged the Nigerian youths to rise against bandits as a matter of urgency.
It also condemned what it described as “senseless and incessant attacks” in the South-East geopolitical zone, reiterating it had no hands in the ugly incidents.
IPOB’s Director of Media and Publicity, Emma Powerful, stated this in a statement on Thursday, according the Punch..
The statement read, “We, the global family of the Indigenous People of Biafra ably led by our leader, Nnamdi Kanu, strongly condemn the senseless and incessant attacks, abductions, killings and all manner of ‘criminalities’ in the South-Eastern states especially the recent barbarities in Anambra and other states in the regions of South-East and South-South.
Again, we want to inform the world that IPOB and the Eastern Security Network members had no hands in the attacks contrary to baseless allegations by our enemies. We are not involved in the criminal activities of agents of darkness in our land.
“IPOB members are civilised people and are never involved in the barbarities going on in our territory. Anybody linking IPOB or ESN with these devilish activities is a blackmailer.
“IPOB is not unknown gunmen, and we cannot be. We are only after our mandate to protect our communities, bushes, and farms against the jihadists masquerading as Fulani herdsmen who are killing, maiming and raping our mothers, wives and sisters going to farms. IPOB will not tolerate such nonsense anymore.
“It is now clear to all that the bandits are out to eliminate every single individual or group in Southern Kaduna. Yet the governor is still looking for excuses instead of going after terrorists and bandits killing his subjects.
“We, therefore, urge Middle Belt, particularly the people of Southern Kaduna, Jos, and people of Nasarawa and youths who allowed their parents and children to be slaughtered like chicken, to rise and unite against bandits and Fulani herdsmen.”
Anambra State Governor, Prof. Chukwuma Soludo has vowed flush out the criminal elements perpetrating the heinous crime in the state in the name of IPOB.
Soludo said the carnage, killing, arson, kidnapping and mindless destructions going on in Anambra State and the Southeast region cannot longer be treated with a kids-gloove.
The insensitive and senseless action of a few criminal elements who have hijacked a process to inflict and unleash mayhem in Anambra State and Ndi Anambra should no longer be condoned or allowed to continue.
“We have gotten to the tipping point where the people of Anambra State both the young, adult, clergy and all institutions must collectively join hands with Governor Soludo to rid Anambra State of these deadly criminal elements
“No investor will come to Anambra State if we allow these senseless killings and wanton destruction of properties and State owned institutional buildings to continue in this unacceptable manner,” the governor said.
According to him, IPOB has vehemently condemned these atrocities and has equally distanced itself from the activities of these criminals and hoodlums.
The ball is in the court of the people to rise up collectively, and in unison, work with Governor Soludo to get rid of these criminals. Peace and tranquillity must return in Anambra. We must not fold our arms while our homeland is gradually being turn into ruins.
“Our people are daily mow down by heartless people and our institutional landmarks are daily attacked and destroyed. The people’s economic life is on the downward slope. Fear, poverty, lawlessness are now the order of the day. This trend must be collectively arrested and a final stop put to it.
“The youths in Ichi, in the Ekwusigo Local Government Area of Anambra State have already taken the bold step. They took up the courage in their numbers last week to destroy a suspected kidnappers’ hideout and set ablaze shrine belonging to these criminal elements in their community. This is part of what is required by the citizens to reclaim their homeland back.